Thursday 29 March 2012

Matthew

I am trying to write a book... I'm only on chapter two, but I'm really in love with it and all of the characters. This is one of them. This is Matthew, narrator of Chapter 2, descendant of Percival, and overall, just a big softie. 

I'm really beginning to like this style of painting. It leaves an anonyminity to the painting, and with characters, it means that the reader can still think for themselves and imagine their faces. There is no strict, set guidline to what their faces should look like (it also saves me the trouble of having to draw them), which is one of the reasons why I hate book covers with photos on them.


What about you? Do you have a favourite painting style? What do you think about photo front-covers? And does anyone actually want to read an extract of my story? I am searching for constructive criticism...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've just stumbled across your blog from craftgawker...working my way slowly through your site. I particularly like the weekly activity listing, very organised and up to date- which I like. You mentioned about constructive critcism for your book and I'd like to see that (if you wouldn't mind ofcourse). I'm helping my friend with his book and listening to extracts and helping him to tweek them :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, Thank you for taking the time to visit... I really appreciate it.
      Second, I warn that I'm only on Chapter 3, so I don't have too much to offer.
      Third, a suggestion for how to offer the story is a question... I have several ideas such as pdf'ing the chapters and posting them as blog links, or creating a separate page for them, and posting extracts at a time. I am wary of giving out my e-mail, so an option down that route, I would have to decline. This is not an insult on your behalf, I'm just cautious.
      Fourthly, Thank you again. I'm glad you took the time to comment.

      Delete