Wednesday 27 June 2012

DIY: 5 Minute Thank You


Sometimes, you don't have that much time, and you need to make a card. Fast. This doesn't have to be a Thank You Card, the greeting and colours are interchangeable. I just needed a card to give to my biology teacher, who I would have seen in approximately 3 hours, and I had to leave for school in 10 minutes. 5 minutes to make, 5 minutes to scribble something down in  the back....

This is what I came up with.

Supplies: Card of choice in 2 colours; Co-ordinating ribbon and button; Peel-off  Lines; Greeting.

Equipment: Glue, Tape, Scissors



~Start by making a card blank from your base colour (this should be the one that co-ordinates with the button and ribbon). I choose for mine to be an A6 card (an A5 piece of card in half horizontally).

~Across the centre of the card, parrallel to the fold, position a line peel-off.

~ Cut a smaller card strip from the alternative card. Make sure there is room for your greeting and your button.

~Cut an inch section off of the ribbon and fold it vertically. Cut an inverted triangle towards the fold to create the pennant shape when opened.

~ Using the tape, adhere to the back of the alternate card, positioned to one side.

~Flip the card so that the rough ribbon is at the back, and attach the button above it. On its other side, place your greeting.

~Glue the alternate card to the centre of the card blank, along the horizontal line.


And, Tada! I know it seems like a lot of steps, but it's very simple, and quite effective. If you ever make a card like this following my instructions, please comment and link to tell me.

Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment