Tuesday 2 April 2013

5

A decoration.
 
 
This is a long awaited post of some goodies I made for my Mum for Mother's Day. Inspired by this post on HelloLidy, my mum is the most avid tea drinker I know. Left to her own devices, she would drink at least two cups an hour, if not more! Therefore, it was a fitting Idea.

 
I altered the instructions slightly, to make a neater representation - when following instructions, I tend to make a variation if I can think of one. For each tea bag, I used a star-shaped hole punch to cut a pair of shapes from different papers, and sandwiched the loose ends of a piece of folded thread between them. At the folded end, I tapered it to a point and threaded it through a large eyed needle. This i then sewed through the top of the tea bag, removed the needle and threaded the paper end through the loop.
Sounds complicated? It's not. It's just like adding the fringing to the end of a scarf, or that tassel onto a bookmark... You know the ones I mean.
 
I packaged these in a glass jar, with a few fake flowers poking out of the top. Mum was most pleased, but perhaps that had more to do with the poster of Daniel Craig I gave her? Never mind...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment