Sunday 16 June 2013

9

Something from an Alternate fandom
Aah, Doctor Who, how I do love thee....
 
 
This is a sleep mask that I made, which I embroidered with the phrase 'Don't Blink',  I really hope that there aren't any Weeping Angels around though, they're terrifying!
 
I also thought I'd do a few progress shots, as I haven't made anything in a while, and I wanted to make the most of it!

 
First I drew around one of my existing eye masks, and cut the template out of paper. I seem to be rather unlucky with the masks I use - the elastic always breaks, so perhaps if I can make them, it would be cheaper all around!

 
I then cut out, using the above template, 2 patterned cotton pieces for the front and back, and a fleecey one for the middle, so it doesn't let light in.

 
I then embroidered the front...

 
And promptly started sewing it all together. So much so that I forgot to take a picture of attaching the elastic. Basically, i measured the elastic around my ears, cut it and then attached it my sewing it into the seem as I sandwiched the fleece in the middle.


Turn it all out, hand stitch it closed, and tada!

But Matt Smith is leaving! *tears*

Night Night!

50 Things to Make

1 comment:

  1. i love this(and doctor who)! it really does suck that matt is leaving. :(

    -Lily Sol

    ReplyDelete