Thursday 22 August 2013

Guest Post by Katie at Running With A Glue Gun

Hey! Today I have something very special for this little blog: it's very first guest post! I'm so very excited, but for now, I'm just going to pass over to Katie.
 
 
Hello Everyone,
I'm so excited to be guesting blogging at Crafts From A Ravenclaw. My name is Katie and I write little blog call Running With A Glue Gun. Today I will be showing you guys how to make your own mini moon banner.

So Lets Get Crafty!

Supplies
9 Round Wooden Circles
Black Paint
Grey Paint
Paint Brush
Drill
Embroidery Thread
Scissors (not pictured)


Step 1: Drill two small holes on each side of your wooden circles.


Step 2: Then paint all of your wooden circles black.


Step 3: Once your circles are dry, go and google ''phases of the moon''. When you find a picture/chart that shows each moon phase, print it out. This will help you keep track of what each phase looks like.

Then begin painting each moon phase with your grey paint. I also added a little bit of grey glitter to give my moons some sparkle.


Step 4: When your moons are dry, you can then start connecting them together. To do that, just cut a small piece of embroidery thread and feed each end through the back of two of your wooden circles. Then tie a knot in the front. Keep repeating this step until all your moons are connected.

Once all your moons are connected, go and add some embroidery thread to the ''black''moons on each end of your banner. This will create the loops to hang your banner.

Then Your Done!

I hope you all enjoy the diy and thanks Rachel for letting me guest post!
 
Isn't it gorgeous? As a physics student, I love it, but it's equally as mystical as it is geeky. Thank you so much, Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment