Sunday 17 November 2013

Red and Gold

This year, I've set myself a challenge. I was only allowed to buy my stash one new thing for all of my Christmas cards. It been pretty tough, but I really like some of the results I've been getting. So I'm going to show you some of the things you can do, and let me know if, like me, you long for your huge pile of craft supplies to diminish (so you have a valid excuse to buy more!).

This one, I hate that the bow is lop-sided, but otherwise I feel it's a rather sophisticated card.

Equipment:
Gold Card Blank
Red Card
Gold patterned vellum (mine says Christmas over it)
Red Ribbon
Red Gems
Double sided tape
Foam Pads
Glue
Scissors

1) Trim the vellum until it measures 9cm X 10cm. Trim the red card to 10cm X 11cm.

2) Matt the vellum onto the red card using double sided tape.

3) Tie a bow with the red ribbon. Use Glue to secure the knot, and cut a pennant into each of the tail ends.

4) Glue the bow to the centre of the vellum piece. Attach this panel to the top of the card using foam pads.

3) Beneath this, glue 3 red gems for detail.

Ta da!

Number of items used from stash: 6
Ribbon,Vellum, Card Blank, Gems

No comments:

Post a Comment