Wednesday 15 January 2014

Scrapbook 2014

Last year, I took a liking to scrapbooking. I found the December Daily Challenge exciting and I loved documenting the good times and the everyday. Upon research, I found that that kind of scrapbooking, picking up small pieces of everyday, fit better with Project Life than anything else. But I am broke, a student, and I do not like 12x12 pages.
 
So here is my alternative

 
I had an A4 black paged sketchbook lying around and I had no idea what to do with it. the pages are of good quality and should hold up well if I ever choose to embellish heavily. It also cost me nothing extra. And I can also use it to use up my stash of paper goods before University.


 
This is my sort-of title page. It sets the ground work and it looks good. The others may not look like this, as I plan to do these on a Sunday night to review the week, and occasionally dedicate pages to their own individual events. But I am at school, so nothing particularly happens. And, because I don't have a fancy camera phone, any photos will be taken on my camera, which looks really odd if you produce that in the sixth form centre.

 
 
So this is the first week! As you can see, much more basic.
I included a pocket made from tracing paper containing the confetti from the party popper that I used at Midnight to ring in the new year, and I have tried to keep it colour co-ordinated... The gorgeous London Eye sticker came from Accesorize (who'd have thought it?) and was bought with a Christmas gift, so completely guilt free!
 
I found this gorgeous 'this week' card on pinterest, which I printed out in black and white, that I hope to use for the whole year. I like the instant sense of what I was doing that week everytime I just glance at it.
 
Printables used in these pages come from:
 
Hopefully I can stick to it, and maybe I'll show you every week what I've been producing? Hopefully also, they'll get a bit more visually appealing!!! And perhaps someday even include pictures!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment