Saturday 19 April 2014

Easter Christmas-ness

I know, it's not quite right... but I'm not really an Easter person.
 
But I am a Christmas Person!
 
 
Yes. A Christmas Card in April.

 
In my defence, I have been hoarding this chipboard image for a long time (nearly 5 years I think!) and when the Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog posted the challenge o include a Robin, I really wanted to join in!
However I soon realised why I hadn't used the chipboard already - it's so small, but incredibly busy and intricately detailed, meaning that pretty much anything added to embellish it overpowered the delicacy of it.
So I tried to keep it simple.
I used a small card base, with rounded corners and positioned it off-centre. I then picked out the three main colours of the image and found matching buttons, and curved them to follow the circle.
It's very clean and simple, and not overpowering. Exactly what I was aiming for.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment