Thursday 18 September 2014

Graphic (Nerdy) Nails

Now, I have never done a nail tutorial before but I am quite proud of how these turned out.


They look really neat and jazzy, and fantastic with the length of my nails at the moment. 


As this is a spur-of-the-moment sort of thing, I didn't take process shots, but I have made some rather helpful diagrams, to talk you through the process.


Step 1: Paint the nail a basic grey. I used a cheap, Natural Collection polish in the colour Winter Moon. Leave to dry.


Step 2: Mask off a triangle at the tip of the nail so that the point is central. I find using insulating/electrical tape the most effective, as it creates a good seal, but removes itself easily. Paint the exposed nail red; I used Sinful Colour's Sinful Colours 'Sugar Sugar', it has a subtle sparkle to it.


Step 3: Paint the lower two thirds of the nail black, leaving only a few triangles of colour exposed. This can be masked for a precise line as well, but I found it easier to paint this line freehand.I used Calvin Klein 'ebony hates chris-black' (it's the only one I have). 

Tada!


Now, for those of you who read the title - or you've been reading this for a while and you have grasped my obsession - you may have already guessed the nerd connotations to this nail pattern...


Yes, you guessed it! It's a Star Trek Voyager inspired nail pattern! Now, I know it's not entirely accurate, but the essence is there! Now all I need is to own some blue-y green and some yellow...


Can we just ignore that Seven of Nine exists? Pretty Please?

Also, I've just noticed how casual Tom Paris looks... just leaning in...)

No comments:

Post a Comment