Sunday 1 February 2015

New Plans

January 2015 will be one of those months I will wish to forget, but probably never will.

Long time followers of this blog will have noticed that I've taken a 3 month hiatus from any sort of post at all. It is in fact longer than that, as my scrapbook posts were scheduled. I stopped blogging when I went off to university. There just wasn't time anymore. I dropped my writing too in favour of societies and my degree. For the first time I felt that I had somewhere where I belonged, and overall it was a fantastic first term.

But then I developed glandular fever on Boxing Day.

I was all geared up for my second term, I had so many plans: I was on a committee for one of societies, I was going to play my first match for my sport team. But by New Years, I was feeling rotten. I was running a fever and I was just getting more and more exhausted.

I tried to return, I tried to attend my lectures, but they sent me home. That was three weeks ago. January has just been one long sleep, it feels like. I spend my days lying either in bed or on the sofa, with very little energy. I've made it through all ten seasons of Friends. I've watched films. I've slept more than I have for years.

One small blessing is that I have been just about able to handle scrapbooking. That has kept me sane. As I slowly regain some normality I hope to be able to share these with you.

Because I won't be returning to university this year. I'm just too ill. All my lovely plans are no more. And I'm heartbroken.

So 2015 is going to be a strange year. I need to sit down, take stock, make up some new goals and ambitions. Perhaps I'll discover this lovely little slice of my life and start blogging again. Perhaps I'll push myself finally and get into filming youtube videos. Perhaps I'll get round to writing one of the many novel ideas that have floated in my head for years. Perhaps I'll finally finish one of my scrapbook projects!

I don't know yet.

But it's going to take some getting used to.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Love, Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment