Thursday 14 May 2015

Inspiration Realisation: 1

This is a segment that I've been thinking about for a long time. We are swamped by inspiration thanks to the wonderful powers of the internet: blogs, pinterest, instagram. With Pinterest particularly, I know that it can become very easy to hoard that inspiration, but never act on it. Who else here has several boards, with hundreds of pins, but you never seem to make anything?

I think we should change this: actually make what we said we wanted to.

Crocheted pink pig coffee cup cozy...so cute!! @Maggie Hudson you're mommas so gonna have to make me one of these one day!!

I found this pin while I was looking for an idea for a friend who recently had her tonsils taken out, just a little something to cheer her up. I followed the link, which came out at an etsy store, but which wasn't selling any more. So I had a think This was a crochet project, but who's to say it couldn't be knitted?

So I gave it a try.


Mine I don't think is quite as cute, but you get the idea. I used a basic pattern for knitting mug hugs to do the base. In hindsight, I think it's possibly a bit too wide, but that's something to keep in mind for when I knit the pattern again. I knitted two tiny triangles, and my sister, bless her, crocheted a nice circle for the nose. I sewed all of these on, added two buttons for the eyes, and then I was done. It was fairly quick and simple, and it has an impact. She loved it, which is all that matters.

Nice to start actually making these projects that I saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment