Thursday 23 July 2015

I made a Kit

For a while now I've been wondering about subscribing to a scrapbook kit club. However, although I'm not a student for now, my funds are still limited, and I just can't afford that much money every month on supplies that I may or may not use. At least for now.

So I started to investigate a project where people make kits from their own stash. This sounded right up my street. While my stash isn't massive, I'm not fond of the amount of clutter it makes in my room because I have no way of storing things. At least this way, I can use items up, making more room in the long run to trial new things.

There are many different sites and youtube videos that can be used to formulate advice for making your own kits, here are a couple I would recommend:

I started my kit with this piece of paper below, bringing together the colours of navy blue, the pink and a mustard-y yellow.


This is what I came up with:


The paper I chose as a starter piece was in fact a part of a scrapbook collection kit that I bought earlier this year by a lady called Grace Taylor, so I threw all of the co-ordinating papers into the kit, plus some neutrals from a cheap paper pad from the Range, and some Basic Grey papers.


For lettering, I have our types: The Amy Tangerine remarks letters in pink, teal, grey and orange; he Dear Lizzy (I think) gold foil Thickers; some cream tile alphas and a white chipboard alpha, both from hobbycraft. I think this way I can cover a variety of different sizes, and hopefully make a good dent in these supplies.


I also added in some journalling cards, mainly from my Elle's Studio packs, but also a few from the Project Life Spring and Summer themed cards. My other paper choices include a scrap of a polka dot vellum and a few doilies.


I put all of my diecuts in this bag, some are from assorted packs of  Elle's Studio, others are from the die cut pack that co-ordinated with the Grace Taylor scrapbook kit, so there are some lovely florals in there to be used.


Sticker-wise, the collection pack came with two sheets of stickers which I would like to use, and I've added to that three Elle's Studio sticker sheets, and some Heidi Swapp word stickers. I love all f these, yet for some reason I never seem to use them. Part of the beauty of the kit is to make sure that I do use them!


Here I have two washi tapes, from Sainsbury's no less!


And finally to finish things up, I have some baker's twine, two little blue pegs, some resin flowers, a navy button, a pink flair and some gems.


I'm pretty happy with the outcome of my kit, and I'm really looking forward to using it! It will be a new experience, working to a limited amount of supplies, and I'll keep you updated as to how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment