Tuesday 11 August 2015

Most Proud Moment

I know a lot of my life is academics orientated, and I'm afraid this is going to be the same. I was proud of what I achieved in my Upper Sixth, and that day last August when the email came through from York was the best feeling in the world. I had achieved my dream of nearly ten years in the making.

Similarly, I returned to my school in October for our Speech Day where all of the awards are handed out. I was awarded the prize for Endeavour, or, triumph in the face of adversity. It was an acknowledgement of the struggles I'd had to reach my goal, my mental state, switching schools. Holding that plate in my hands was a tangible reminder that I had overcome so much and gotten so far. That all of the tears were worth it. That, not everyone had suffered the way I did, yet I had still managed to succeed. 

It was proof of how strong I had become, without even realising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment